Joint ISTDM / ICSI 2018 conference abstract template with author instructions for 2-page abstracts can be downloaded here: ISTDM_ICSI_2018-abstract-sample-template.doc
All accepted works for ISTDM / ICSI 2018 conference will be
invited for submission to a special issue of "IOP Semiconductor Science and Technology journal on
SiGe materials, devices and technologies". This
special issue will focus on all aspects of science, engineering,
technologies and instrumentation of SiGe based epitaxy including
devices and related technologies.
Key topics will cover the following aspects:
- Group IV semiconductors (Si, Ge, C, Sn, Pb and their alloys)
- Group III-V semiconductors on Si/Ge platform (GaN, InSb, GaAs, GaAs, InGaAs...)
- 2D materials (graphene, germanene, silicene, stanine, black phosphorous...)
- Magnetic materials for spintronics (MnO, FeO, CoO, NiO,...)
- Optoelectronics of low-dimensional structures (quantum wells, wires, dots...)
- Strain-tuning platforms (relaxed buffers, virtual substrates...)
- Interfaces (high-K, metal contacts, electrical properties and characterization...)
- Processing (doping, etching, cleaning, surface treatments, thermal treatments, oxidation,...)
- Devices (Group IV-based electronic, spintronic, photonic, thermoelectric, photovoltaic, plasmonics, MEMS/NEMS, sensors and bio-integrated technologies...)
- Epitaxy equipment technology & metrology challenges
- Emerging technologies (quantum technologies, topological insulators...)
- There are no strict length limits.
- Papers must be original research papers.
- Review papers (by invited speakers only) need to be broad and well set in context by comparison to the international field and state-of-the-art developments.
- Standard referee procedure for Semiconductor Science and Technology will be applied.
Abstract submission: January 21 (Sun), 2018
Full paper submission: June 30 (Sat), 2018 (No extention)
Approximate online publication: September 2018
|Presentation time||1st chime to prepare finishing your talk||2nd chime to finish presentation||3rd chime to finish discussions|
|Keynote||40 min||30 min||35 min||40 min|
|Invited talk||25 min||15 min||20 min||25 min|
|Regular talk||15 min||10 min||12 min||15 min|
Audio-visual equipment e.g. LED projector, screen, microphones, laser-pointer and laptop PC with Microsoft Powerpoint will be installed in the conference room. We would kindly request all presenters to upload and check your presentation file until two sessions before your talk.
During your presentation, session chairs will announce your presentation time by three chimes:
- 1st chime to prepare finishing your talk,
- 2nd chime to finish your presentation and
- 3rd chime to finish discussions.
When the 2nd chime is rang, please stop your presentation immediately to maintain program schedule.
One poster board for each presentation will be installed in the behind area of the conference room.
Format of the poster size is portrait A0 size.
We would kindly request all of poster presenters to paste your poster until Monday at 18:00 PM.
Poster session will start from Monday 18:00 to 20:00 PM and also continue from Tuesday 18:00 to 20:00 PM.
We would suggest to keep your poster pasted until Thursday noontime for further discussions during coffee and lunch breaks.